The mission of the Huntington Beach Community Garden is to educate children and adults about organic gardening, and to provide an area where residents can grow fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs for their own use and for local food banks.
Plot Fee Renewals Due 12/31!
Annual plot registration membership fees are due December 31st!
Full size plots: $100 + $10 membership dues = $110.00
Half size plots: $50 + $10 membership dues = $60.00
Send check payable to HBCG to P.O. Box 5891, Huntington Beach CA 92615.
Or pay via PayPal from our 'Donate' page.
UPDATE RE: PLOT CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
HBCG PLOT CONSTRUCTION AND OTHER GUIDELINES
These guidelines were established to provide for the safety and access by SCE personnel to transmission lines. HBCG must comply with these guidelines under condition of land use agreements with the City and SCE.
Thank you for your cooperation! - HBCG
PLOT CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
· Soil within the plot borders must be uniform and level.
· Raised or interior border boards are not allowed within the plots.
· Flexible non-metallic edging may be used to separate garden pathways so long as pathways and soil are uniform and level.
· Stepping stones must be installed at grade level.
· Exterior plot borders must not be altered. No unauthorized border materials, bricks or pavers allowed.
· These materials may be used for trellis construction:
Wooden stakes – no greater than 1” x 1”
Bamboo poles – no greater than 1” diameter
PVC pipe – no greater than 1” diameter
· Fence height may not exceed 24” from the top of the border boards.
· Fences are to be constructed of plastic mesh or PVC lattice.
· It is suggested to use standard grading stakes for fence stakes
· Stakes may not exceed 2½” wide
· No metal fencing material allowed
· HBCG is an organic garden
· Packaged soil amendments must be labeled as‘organic’ and/or must not list any synthetic ingredients.
· Wood chips and hay are deemed to be flammable and not suitable amendment materials
· Bulk amendments may not be brought on site without prior approval and authorization.
· Decorative items such as nick-knacks, flags and banners are not allowed. Pinwheels for bird deterrent purposes are allowed but must be no higher than 4’